Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Bucket List Week

Amelia here - Nathan's friend
Ok...so I have this bucket list. It is vast and intended to last my entire life...or so I thought. Within this last week (the first week back from school), with the help of Nathan and his enthusiastic roommates (Chris squared), I have accomplished three of my tasks at hand. The tasks may seem miniscule, but they were grand in their accomplishment...at least to me. First, I got to ride on a motorcycle! I know...21 and had never been on a motorcycle. But the age is besides the point. The task was accomplished. We set out to ride...at night...and it was awesome. We went on a random road...we're in Rexburg mind you...and went super speedy. I was nervous at first, but came to understand the appeal of these machines known as motorcycles. Next. Second task was to catch a fish. I have been fishing various times in my life, but I was never successful in actually accomplishing a catch. Big Chris set up the line and we were set. I sat with the fishing pole anticipating a long wait. Within minutes the fish were biting and I snagged one! It was unreal. Haha pathetic I know...I had been anticipating this for quite sometime. Then when Big Chris took the fish off of the hook I had to hold it. That was the worst. It was alive, slimy and trying to breath...creepy. But just the same...I caught a fish! Task number three. I learned how to repel at camp when I was 11. I had gone once in my life and the wall was maybe 15 feet, but I was 11 so it was gnarly. I had dreamed that one day I could accomplish a repel from a higher height. Today this task was accomplished. Nathan and Chris squared took me out to this bridge...I'm not sure how high it was...60 ft? But anywho we walked out on this bridge...on the girders...and took the plunge. I think sitting on the bridge freaked me out the most. Then as I was hiking up the hill I encountered a deer...it was dead...in half...and decomposing. But needless to say we had an adventure and my bucket list is shorter.

1 comment:


Chris please don't kill a deer